HOW TO USE HEC DIGITAL LIBRARY
Digital Library is a collection of electronic resources that provides direct/indirect access to a systematically organized collection of digital objects.
HEC Digital Library
- HEC National Digital Library (DL) is a program to provide access to international scholarly e- literature.
- Providing access to high quality, peer-reviewed journals, databases, articles and e-Books across a wide variety of disciplines to researchers within public and private universities in Pakistan and non-profit research and development organizations.
- It provides 50,000 online full text e-books in addition to more than 23,000 e-journals
Types of e-resources provided by HEC Digital Library
1. Full Text
In full text the whole journal/book can be downloaded
2. Partial Full Text
Selected articles can be downloaded
3. Table of Contents/abstracts only
Only content of books/journal and abstracts can be read online.
Getting start with HEC Digital Library
- Open your browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozila Firefox, Google Chrome etc.
- Type: www.digitallibrary.edu.pk in the address bar.
- Click on Institutes
- Click on Public Sector Universities
- Click on Khyber Punab
- Click on Fatima Jinnah Medical College / SGHR
- Type the below URL in address bar
ACCESSIBLE E-RESOURCES TO FATIMA JINNAH MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LAHORE
After typing the above URL, following e-resources will be displayed and these e-resources can be accessed within the premises of Fatima Jinnah Medical University, i.e. in Library, all departments, and offices of Faculty.
1.Association of Computing Machinery
- The ACM contains full-text from 28 ACM Journals and Transactions, 10 ACM Magazines, over 40 ACM Special Interest Newsletters, 15 non-ACM journal and publications and over 100 annual conference proceedings.
- Content strengths include all areas of Information Technology, with full archival content for all ACM publications.
- Click on this link to access ACM: http://dl.acm.org/
- eBrary offers a wide variety of content across many subject areas, especially in business and social science. It acquires integrated collections of eBooks and other content. ebrary continues to add quality eBooks and other authoritative titles to their selection from the world's leading academic and professional publishers.
- Users will be able to copy paste each page and print up to 40 pages at a time
- 41,800 e-Books will be accessible
- Click on this link to access e-Brary: http://site.ebrary.com/lib/hec2/home.action
- Project MUSE provides online access to 430 full-text journals from 108 publishers in humanities and social science. MUSE pricing meets library needs around the world.
- Click on the given link to access Project MUSE: http://muse.jhu.edu/
- SpringerLink provides access to 503 full-text Springer-Verlag Journals and 738 full-text journals
formerly published by Kluwer Academic Publishing.
- One of the world's leading information services for Science, Technical and Medical journals.
- Click on the given link to access Springer Link: http://link.springer.com/
5.Tylor and Francis
- Taylor & Francis has grown rapidly over the last two decades to become a leading international academic publisher. More than 1000 journal titles in a full range of disciplines are available.
- Click on the given link: http://www.tandfonline.com/page/looking-for-something
6.University of Chicago Press
- All those journals of Chicago Press, which are available in J-Store are accessible to Islamia College Peshawar:
- To access click on this link: www.jstore.org
- Since the Blackwell-Synergy merger with Wiley-Interscience, all the journals available to HEC consortium are now available through Wiley-Interscience.
- Online database containing over 1,234 journals in science, technology, medicine, humanities and social sciences.
- To access click on this link: www3.interscience.wiley.com
8.IET Digital Library
IET digital library offers over 20 research journals and letters in electrical and electronic engineering Electrical including Telecommunications; Power; Control; Radar; Circuits; Materials; Life sciences related research & IT. 10 of IET digital library journals are impact factor.
To access this library click on: http://digital-library.theiet.org/
9.INSTITUTE FOR OPERATIONS RESEARCH AND THE MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (INFORMS)
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) is the largest professional society in the world for professionals in the field of operations research (O.R.).
- INFORMS publishes 12 scholarly journals that describe the latest O.R. methods and applications and a membership magazine with news from across the profession.
- To access click on the given link: http://pubsonline.informs.org/
- Emerald is a dynamic database comprising over 150 titles in the fields of "Management, Information Science and Engineering.
- The Emerald fulltext collection features over 58,000 articles from titles published by Emerald.
- Flagship titles such as Management Decision, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Documentation, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, The TQM Magazine and Industrial Robot.
- To access this resource click on this link: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/
11.Pakistan Research Repository:
- Pakistan Research Repository is a project of the Higher Education Commission to promote the international visibility of research originating out of institutes of higher education in Pakistan. The aim of this service is to maintain a digital archive of all PhD theses produced indigenously to promote the intellectual output of Pakistani institutions. It provides a free, single-entry access point to view the manuscript of research executed, and distribute this information as widely as possible.
- The repository which is currently being populated with content has already made the full-text of PhD theses available in high-quality digitized format, whilst a further theses are in process of digitization. Higher Education Commission has introduced a systematic mechanism for the collection and digitization of all the theses produced so far in Pakistan.
- Provide access to more than 7000 full text theses produced in Pakistan.
- Click on the given URL to access Pakistan Research Repository (http://eprints.hec.gov.pk