BOARD OF FACULTY
There shall be a Board of Faculty for each faculty which shall consist of:
- Dean of the Faculty (chairperson);
- Professors and the chairpersons in the Faculty;
- three teachers to be nominated by the Academic Council on the basis of their specialized knowledge of the subjects which, though not assigned to the faculty, have in the opinion of the Academic Council, important bearing on the subjects assigned to the faculty;
- two experts in the field from outside the University to be appointed by the Syndicate;
- one Associate Professor, one Assistant Professor and one Demonstrator to be appointed by rotation in order of seniority from each department of the faculty; and
- one member to be nominated by the Vice Chancellor.
(2) The members, other than ex-officio members, of a Board of Faculty shall hold office for a period of three years.
(3) The quorum for a meeting of a Board of Faculty shall be one-third of the total number of members.
(4) A Board of Faculty, subject to the general control of the Syndicate and Academic Council, may:
- co-ordinate the teaching and research work in the subjects assigned to the Faculty;
- scrutinize the recommendations of a Board of Studies comprising the
- Faculty with regard to the appointment of paper setters and examiners for graduate and postgraduate examinations and to forward the panels of suitable paper setters and examiners for each examination to the Vice Chancellor;
- consider any other academic matter relating to the Faculty and to submitnits report to the Academic Council:
- prepare a comprehensive annual report regarding the performance of each department. constituent college or Institute comprising the Faculty fornpresentation to the Academic Council; and
- perform such other functions as may be prescribed by statutes.