Department Of Medical Education & Educational Research
The Department of Medical Education & Educational Research was established in Fatima Jinnah Medical College in 1986, by Prof. Rose K. Madan. As the time progressed, DME, FJMC has been directed under Prof. Dr. Rakhshanda Rehman and Prof. Dr. Muhammad Aamer Zaman Khan. However, when FJMC was promoted to FJMU, The DME was directed by Prof. Dr. Muhammad Aamer Zaman Khan, Prof. Dr. Kamran Khalid, Prof. Dr. Shamsa Humayun and is currently under the direction of Prof. Dr. Noreen Akmal.
The mission of Department of Medical Education & Educational Research, FJMU is to promote professionalism and excellence in medical education. DME will function to promote faculty development, curriculum development, student assessment plan and research in medical education.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The main aims and objectives of department of medical education are:
- To develop critical thinking and problem solving skills relating to medical profession, teaching and learning.
- To organize faculty development and continuing health profession education activities.
- To promote Research and Publication in medical education.
- 6 Months Certificate Course in Health Professions Education. Five Batches of 26 Students completed their course and currently 6th Batch is enrolled.
- Conducting Mandatory Workshops for MD/MS programs.
- Facilitate different workshops & Seminars in the university.
- Information Technology Skills
- Synopsis writing
- Communication Skills
- Biostatics & Research Methodology