Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Lahore is one of those hospitals which hold the distinction for offering exceptional Healthcare services to the humanity, both in the Subcontinent preindependence era as well as during the post-independence time. The benevolence of Sir Rai Bahadur Ganga Ram laid the foundation for this hospital. The idea was envisaged for the welfare of the people, in backdrop of high population mortality and morbidity rates existing at that time. The hospital is a monument of his devotion and philanthropy as he not only designed and donated land for the site but bore the cost of building and emoluments as well. The history of SGRH dates back to 1921, when it was founded during the British Raj, by Sir Ganga Ram, at the end of World War 1 and started functioning inside the walled city of Lahore. It became known far and wide for its high quality, patient-centric service provision and patients flocked in great numbers to seek services. Soon it developed to such a stature that it had to be shifted to the civil area of Lahore in a very spacious and imposing building of its own. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital was opened on its existing place at Queen’s Road Lahore, by Sir. Bertrand James Glancy on 13th April, 1943. At that time the bed strength was 80. A hospital dedicated for children, and known as Narain Das Moolchand Hospital for Children was added in 5 April, 1944. All clinical training of Balak Ram Medical students was carried out at SGRH. Today, Sir Ganga Ram hospital is a state of the art, tertiary level healthcare setup, spread over an area of approx. 299 kanals, 07 Marla and 2 sq. ft. In addition to the main hospital building, the infrastructure encompasses four blocks; 100 bedded Emergency Block , 400 bedded Fatima Jinnah Block, 130 bedded Moolchand Hospital Block & Out Patient Block. A new , futuristic, Fatima Jinnah Institute of Mother and Child Health, is being constructed on the hospital grounds to expand and enhance the maternal and child healthcare service provision to general public, by the Government of Punjab. The Outpatient Department, Indoor and Emergency Block are interconnected with two underpasses .The Departments of Medicine, Surgery and Obstetrics and Gynaecology offer 24/7 emergency services as well as specialist OPD services with no consultation charges. Other specialities include, Psychiatry, Clinical Oncology, Pulmonology, Paediatrics, Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Dermatology, Neurology, Nephrology, Urology, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), Ophthalmology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic surgery, Radiology and Dentistry. The support services which complement the functioning of SGRH include: o Pharmacy, Equipment store, General store, M&R Store, Linen Store o Uninterrupted Power supply o Automated laundry with boiler o Fleet of ambulances o Thalassaemia Daycare Centre (Thalassaemia Society of Pakistan) o Free Food Facility for Patients and Attendants The Comprehensive Diagnostic Pathology Laboratory at SGRH is equipped with the best equipment, and the staff comprises of a competent team of specialists and staff, enabling round the clock testing and investigative procedures. The facility of intensive care, for management of critical patients requiring specialized care is available in Neonatal ICU, CCU, Medical and Surgical ICU, and Gynae ICU. A Blood Bank is situated within the Emergency Block and offers services to the patients in need 24/7. The Head Office of Punjab Thalassaemia and other Genetic Disorders Prevention and Research Institute is based in Out door block of SGRH. o CSSD for sterilization of theatre equipment and linen of hospital. o Day Care Centre, FJMU/ SGRH o Cafeteria, ATM service, Tube well & Water Filtration Plant. o The construction of a mossque is also underway within the hospital premises to facilitate the staff & public.